($1.39 PER DAY FOR NAR, FR, AND B.E.A.R.)
The core purpose of the National Association of REALTORS®, Florida Association of REALTORS® and Bonita Springs Estero Association of REALTORS® is to inform, assist and educate members, to favorably promote the real estate industry, and protect private property rights.
Exclusive use of the term REALTOR®
The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that can only be used by members of the National Association of REALTORS®
Full Time Staff / Association Leadership
- B.E.A.R. is a smaller version of the FR Hotline and NAR Information Central.
- B.E.A.R. employs a full time Association Executive, Membership Services Coordinator, MLS Coordinator, Education Coordinator, and a Social Media Coordinator/Communications Coordinator who are all knowledgeable and professional.
- B.E.A.R. has 4 officers/5 directors, elected by its REALTOR® members to set policies that mold and drive the association.
- B.E.A.R. has an Association Attorney who protects the interests of the Association.
- B.E.A.R. has a volunteer RPAC/Legislative Chair whose primary duty is to follow local issues affecting the housing industry in Lee and Collier Counties.
Electronic Lockbox System – www.supraekey.com or 877-699-6787
- B.E.A.R. provides members with an electronic lockbox system at a discount rate for greater security and accountability.
- B.E.A.R. allows you to choose your method of entry to the lockbox by ekey or display key.
- B.E.A.R. does not tie your lockbox to membership at B.E.A.R.. You can be a B.E.A.R. Supra user independent of your Board affiliation.
Real Estate Forms / Tech Help
- B.E.A.R. members can access Form Simplicity through FR at www.formsimplicity.com.
- FR supplies free IT support for forms and other issues 407-587-1450.
Government Relations / Lobbying
- Professional lobbying representation on local, state and national legislative matters by knowledgeable staff and volunteers advocating for REALTOR interests.
- Up-to-date information and legislative alerts on regulatory and judicial rulings affecting the real estate industry.
- Lobbying efforts supported by RPAC on the members behalf help to protect the housing industry from over-regulation and increase annual income potential by protecting your real estate business interests.
Education and Professional Development
- B.E.A.R. provides members with opportunities for professional growth in multiple ways with discount rates on pertinent and timely topics that meet FREC CE requirements for licensing renewal.
- Opportunities to pursue designations locally, i.e. GRI, ABR, etc.
- YPN sponsored education for young professionals just getting started.
- B.E.A.R.’s Affiliate Committee and YPN Committee plan many events that give back to the community from which REALTORS derive their livelihood.
Grievance, Arbitration, Mediation, and Ombudsman Services
- B.E.A.R. maintains standing committees for Grievance and Professional Standards processing of complaints from the public or between REALTORS®. B.E.A.R. staff members are trained to assist the committee members and B.E.A.R. requires all committee members to attend an annual class on Professional Standards administration to insure quality services.
- B.E.A.R. offers monthly classes on the Code of Ethics to promote and maintain high ethical conduct within the Real Estate community.
- Ombudsman Services to allow the public and our members to speak confidentially with a trained REALTOR® to help address issues arising out of rentals, sales, listings etc.
- Mediation Services to bring Brokers together in a more informal setting than the Professional Standards Hearing Panel to address issues arising out of commission disputes.
Member Services and Communication
- B.E.A.R. staff prepares a weekly update to keep the membership informed of events, education opportunities, and networking events that are important to our members.
- FR sends out daily updates of important news events that affect our members locally, statewide and nationally.
- NAR and FR provide Realtor Party Calls to Action that are very important in addressing REALTOR® issues at the national and state level.
- FR maintains a tech line and a legal hotline to help agents through issues that arise from time to time.
- Participation on committees – member input is solicited and incorporated into program changes with committees that meet throughout the year.
- Social events such as the Annual Golf Tournament, Membership Breakfast meetings, YPN gatherings, and Affiliate sponsored get-togethers at our local establishments.
- New Member Orientation held monthly.
Why B.E.A.R. MLS? (.65 PER DAY)
B.E.A.R. was one of the original associations spearheading a data share MLS between Naples MLS, Ft. Myers MLS, and Cape Coral MLS. In August of 2013, B.E.A.R. and these three MLS companies joined together to use the MATRIX MLS platform and to share all data with our members, thereby saving our member brokers and agents from having to pay fees to multiple MLS companies.
B.E.A.R. offers the full service MATRIX as well as
- iMapp – Best tool to evaluate how a distressed property affects other properties around it.
- RPR – Real Property Resource – This tool offers the agent a very easy and visually pleasing Comp format to help with listing appointments and addressing the true value of a property.
- Realist – A Corelogic tax information tool.
- CSS Scheduler – Seamless web based showing services.
- B.E.A.R. Agent Analytics – run meaningful reports you can send to clients about your market
- Builder’s Update – The number one source of new home inventory in the nation. A patented system grants builders and vendors the exclusive visibility to agents they have been asking for and REALTORS need to compete in new construction sales.
Matrix, iMapp, and RPR classes each week (small and personal) with a One on One session available for scheduling to help those who need the extra time and attention.
Why Be A B.E.A.R. MLS Broker?
- B.E.A.R. MLS Broker reports available about brokerage and agent productivity within the B.E.A.R. MLS and the SWFLAMLS as a whole
- Golden B.E.A.R. MLS Sales Award – Broker subscribers of B.E.A.R. MLS qualify their B.E.A.R. MLS user agents to apply for the Golden B.E.A.R.
- IDX – We offer excellent prices to all vendors, in house and hired, offering tools to you and your agents for websites offering a searchable MLS component.